Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

Elementary school should be a place where we train up our children so that one day they will take over our world. Teaching kids about reading, science, and math come standard. But what about their health? As a teacher, I consistently see children exit their parents vehicles in the morning, leaving behind wrappers from more fast food restaurants than I've been to in the last year! Our children are our future and we allow them to form unhealthy, lifelong habits under our watch. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect. On occasion, I have been known to enjoy Taco Bueno or Chic-Fil-A....but like I said, on occasion. I hope and pray that as diseases, obesity, and laziness are brought to light in our society, we begin to understand the importance of present actions on our future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment