Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

My husband and I decided to try a "5-week no starchy-carbs after lunch diet" to flatten our fluffy stomachs. This has proven to be VERY difficult! We don't realize how much bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, chips, tortillas, rolls, and crackers we eat with our evening meals. Last night I prepared un-breaded Chicken Cordon Blue with cauliflower, beans, and spinach salad. Let's just say I was STARVING after dinner. Not a great feeling when you don't have anything to snack on. Oranges have become my go-to dessert of choice. Regardless of how difficult it may be to prepare dinners that fit within the limits of our new diet, I choose to do so. It's not easy, it's very time consuming, and requires planning. But that's ok. I would rather eat for my health than to eat for mere taste. How many of us out there give in to our temptations for an instant of satisfaction, only to be followed by a day of regret?!? I will admit that I am definitely not all-knowing, but I am going to put forth the effort! Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment